Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
22 4 5 5

Nasdaq Nordic via Eikon Data API error

Dear all,

a customer reported an issue with our Eikon Data API. He occasionally get following error message:

{'columnHeadersCount': 1,

'data': [['GB00BKZZ4R47.ST', None, None, None, None]],

'error': [{'code': 251658243,

'col': 1,

'message': "'Access Denied' for the instrument 'GB00BKZZ4R47.ST'",

This error occurs every once in a while and only on exchange "Nasdaq Nordics". Despite the "Access Denied" message he can use the very same RIC and get data in Eikon without any issues... What might be the potential issue with this one if not the permissioning ?

Many thanks,

Almir

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiauthentication
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Almir Purisic

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@Almir Purisic

'Access Denied' message comes from Refinitiv backend. I suggest you open a support case with Refinitiv Helpdesk to have the issue investigated. It would be most helpful to have the HTTP request returning this message captured using Fiddler. Or at least note the date and time when the issue occurred and the API call (including the field names requested) that returned the error. User's Eikon login or UUID would also be required to examine backend logs and find those failed requests.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Alex, thank you for the advice. I will contact the client and ask him to provide us the things mentioned so backend can take a look into it. Many thanks! Almir

Upvote
36 14 12 14

I think the issue you experiencing is the fact that that instrument is a Leveraged Certificate/ETP (Exchange Traded Product) and the Eikon Data API is currently predominantly focused to equities and as far as I know does not provide access to ETP/ETN

See:

http://www.nasdaqomxnordic.com/etp/leverage-certificates/leverage-certificate-historical?Instrument=SSE192108

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.