For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
1 0 3 5

Used DSS2_Java_Examples for price history and unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I am using graalvm in my application version 20 which uses java 11. And I get this below exception often but not always:

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I even tried to add the certificate in cacert as per this post:

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/49488/dss2-java-examples-and-unable-to-find-valid-certif-1.html

But unfortunately it did not work.

At the same time when I use postman for any request, I get SSL handshake error.

This happened approximately 2.45PM IST and even now (4.45PM IST) its still not working through my java application nor through Postman.

I would like to know why this is happening and how to avoid this in future.

Hoping for a prompt response.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsssslpostman
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@JM2120

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any update on this question. If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

@JM2120

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any update on this question. If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

I'm afraid we haven't heard from you in a while and we cannot provide further assistance without the details we asked for. I'm closing this thread. If you need any further assistance, please start a new thread.

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @JM2120, It looks like you were able to connect atleast once.

If this were really a certificate issue that would not have happened. I am inclined to think that there is a networking issue or a proxy/firewall is intercepting the requests.

Please try to use your application from a direct connection to internet. Can you connect to the DSS website using a browser? If yes, can you download the latest version of Postman and try again.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

Can you please confirm if you have a direct connection to internet or going through a proxy server?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @JM2120,

Hoping the issue has been resolved and you can provide a brief update, that will help the next developers, with same and similar issue, to be guided toward the solution.

Otherwise, if the issue remains relevant, please provide more info on your connection as suggested by @Gurpreet?

Thanks,

-AHS

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.