question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 2

Error while authenticating with Python API

Hi,

I'm encountering some problems while authenticating. The credentials have been given to me directly from the support, so they should be correct. Here is the problem:

Thanks in advance for the answers.

datastream-apidsws-apiauthentication
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @f.palma

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be infrmed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@f.palma

I got the same error when using an invalid credential.

get_data : Exception Occured
(<class 'Exception'>, Exception('Invalid credentials were supplied. This part of the Datastream service requires a child ID (beginning with Z) or a Datastream Professional ID.'), <traceback object at 0x000001B582F3AC48>)
None
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\python37\lib\site-packages\DatastreamDSWS\DS_Response.py", line 156, in get_data
    raise Exception(self.tokenResp['Message'])
Exception: Invalid credentials were supplied. This part of the Datastream service requires a child ID (beginning with Z) or a Datastream Professional ID.

You can test your credential by directly using the Datastream REST API website at http://product.datastream.com/DswsClient/Docs/TestRestV1.aspx.

If you get the same error, you need to contact the Datastream support team via MyRefinitiv to verify the credential.

1600921405687.png (31.7 KiB)
1600921575202.png (25.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.