Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 3 3 0

pull historical implied vol in python eikon api

hi, i have been looking up similar thread here, find out there is no a mapping features in eikon.get_timeseries() api for excel query: RHistory("AAPLATMIV.U","NDA_RAW.Nda_date;NDA_RAW.Nda_d30_atm_iv_call","START:18-Jun-2018 NBROWS:3 INTERVAL:1D") back to 2018, i.e., those special field beside default values. Wonder if there is any updates on the latest eikon version that can replicate above excel query? if not, wonder if there is a work around to use eikon.send_json_request() directly?

thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitime-seriesvolatility
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@jian.lu

You can retrieve more fields using Refinitiv Data Platform Libraries:

rdp.get_historical_price_summaries('AAPLATMIV.U ')

We're still building the documentation for these libraries here on this portal. In the meantime you can find examples of using this library in Codebook under Examples/02 - Refinitiv Data Platform Library.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
78.8k 250 52 74

@jian.lu

From my checking, the eikon.get_timeseries() method returns the historical 30 Day Atm Im Call.

However, its values are equal to D30_ATM_IN_CALL.

You need to contact the Eikon support team via MyRefinitv to verify the data.

As I know, currently, there is no function in the Eikon Data API that can fully duplicate the RHistory method and there is no workaround with eikon.send_json_request().

1603686072403.png (42.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 3 3 0

thanks @jirapongse, just wonder if we could request the development team to expand timeseries function with more field to cover more historical data?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 3 3 0

@Alex , awesome. thanks a lot!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.