Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 4 6

Frequency Error in Tr.F. fields

Hi all,

I have started getting frequency errors on a number of tr.f. fields for examples the code below is now giving an error that the frequency is unrecognized.

I have checked codecreator and I can see CW is not longer an available frequency as something changed where the inputs are more "strict" on the frequency? I understand the below is an annual metric, but the calendar week frequency allows to stitch it together with other fields which are updated weekly easier.

df, err = ek.get_data( instruments = ['PEI.N'], fields = ['TR.F.NetOpIncNOITot(SDate=2018-01-01,Frq=CW)'] ) display(df)

Another example below as I said it has worked up until this week.

Best,

Danny

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
1603793348028.jpeg (27.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @danny.mullins1,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@danny.mullins1

There's no difference in the behavior between Eikon Data APIs and =TR function in Excel. The difference is in the parameters you use. In your get_data call you specified FRQ as a field level parameter. In your =TR function you specified it as a request level parameter. If in your =TR function you specify FRQ as a field level parameter, the function will return "Invalid value for Frq parameter". Try

=TR("PEI.N","TR.F.NetOpIncNOITot(SDate=2020-01-01,EDate=1D,Frq=CW)")

There's no weekly data for TR.F.NetOpIncNOITo. Adding FRQ=CW to the request level parameter will merely result in the same fiscal interim or fiscal year figure (depending on the value of Period parameter) being repeated for every calendar week between SDate and EDate. If this is indeed the outcome you were going for, then try

ek.get_data(['PEI.N'], ['TR.F.NetOpIncNOITot.date',
                        'TR.F.NetOpIncNOITot.calcdate',
                        'TR.F.NetOpIncNOITot'], 
            {'SDate':'2020-01-01', 'EDate':'1D', 'Period':'FI0', 'Frq':'CW'} )
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @danny.mullins1

I confirm that I received the same error for both fields.

However, this forum is not the best place to ask about content(fields/parameters) questions.
For an authoritative answer to any content questions, the best resource is the Refinitiv Content Helpdesk.
This forum is dedicated to things specific to the use of Eikon APIs.
The moderators here do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Eikon.
The Refinitiv Content Helpdesk can be reached using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
Or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.
Or at https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs.png (26.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

See below thanks in advance.

Upvotes
1 2 4 6

Hi thanks for the response - I asked the question here because the same fields are executable within excel using that frequency and parameters, so wondered why this is not the same for the API? I will raise this with the content team anyway.

Could you please maybe assist in how I can transform a daily series of that metrics so it only takes a snapshot weekly of the daily series (proxy for the calendar week option not being available). I understand this may not be possible but thought I would ask.

Best,

Danny

1603806412808.png (14.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.