Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 3 3 0

json.decoder.JSONDecodeError

I experienced json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 3 column 1 (char 4). Noticed there is similar thread on the same issues. But my eikon desktop version looks proxy looks quite different from the screenshot from the other thread. could you please advise if the version caused the error? and how can i update the eikon desktop and data proxy in general? reinstall eikon?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apijson-decode-error
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jian.lu

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @jian.lu

To update EIkon Data API:

pip install --upgrade eikon

To update EIkon Desktop:

I think I am running the latest version so I could not see the update button.

If you still have difficulty updating the Eikon Desktop, please submit a ticket to Refinitiv Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs1.png (160.9 KiB)
ahs2.png (58.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @jian.lu

I would suggest that you update the Eikon Desktop and Eikon Data API to the latest version.

I am using this version and I can make an API call without JSONDecodeError:

ahs.png (25.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @jian.lu

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
3 3 3 0

@chavalit.jintamalit thx, how to update the eikon desktop in general? i dont see any update function built in Eikon Desktop. is it just redownload the latest reinstallation file and reinstall?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 3 3 0

thanks, but i don't have update button show up. i will raise a ticket, thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.