Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted

Server Error: code 500 by downloading the data from eikon

I am using Eikon Data API in Python as follows:

import eikon as ek
ek.set_app_key('.....')
ek.get_news_headlines('R:LHAG.DE', date_from='2019-03-06T09:00:00', 
date_to='2019-03-06T18:00:00')

and get the following error message:

Error code 500 | Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"getaddrinfo
 ENOTFOUND emea1.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com emea1.apps.cp.
thomsonreuters.com:443","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"} 

A similar problem is described here .

Probably, the following infos are requorde:

eikon==1.1.7

nest-asyncio==1.3.3

Eikon-Desktop: 4.0.52

and http://localhost:9000/ping?all supplies

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
1606343397313.png (10.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@mohammad.assadsolimani

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

The issue described here is a connect ETIMEDOUT and was because of nest-asyncio 1.4.1

Your issue is a getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND (It could be caused by DNS or proxy)

Could you apply following steps :

1. Open http://localhost:9000/api/status to check if API Proxy is running.
  2. Verify if Refinitiv server is authorized by your proxy
    Run cmd.exe then type "ping emea1.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com", you should have following result:
    Reply from 159.220.1.19: bytes=32 time=34ms TTL=242
  3. In your script, activate verbose log and when you set app_key, you can test if connection is up before continue as follow:

ek.set_log_level(1)

ek.set_app_key('.....')

state = ek.get_desktop_session().get_open_state()

if state == ek.Session.State.Open:     ek.get_news_headlines('R:LHAG.DE', date_from='2019-03-06T09:00:00', date_to='2019-03-06T18:00:00')

4. Lastly, if you can define environment variable HTTPX_LOG_LEVEL=trace then run your script, we'll have full logs to investigate and check what's the root cause of this error code 500

FYI, a new version (1.1.8) was just released on pypi.org.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @pierre.faurel,

There is further question below. Could you please look into the question?

Thanks

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

I have this same problem. However I am failing at step 2 ("ping emea1.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com"). I checked with my IT department and there seems to be no security issues. During troubleshooting there was a period where the ping worked and I was able to get data. However this stopped after 10 min.

Not sure how to proceed from here. Any help would be appreciated.

icon clock
10 |1500

the problem is, if you are behind a firewall for example it is not possible to ping through a firewall.

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

Firewall must be configured to allow access to Refinitiv servers (like emea1.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com).

You should contact customer support or your account manager to request Refinitiv Eikon Networking Guide and additional server list for Eikon Data API to forward it to your IT.

icon clock
10 |1500

Why is it possible to connect to the eikon server by using Excel? Which server is addressing by using Excel?

As Eikon add-in for Excel is a part of Eikon product, your IT already allowed needed servers for it.
Eikon Data API connects to additional servers on the platform that were not listed in Eikon Networking Guide before.

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

Hi thank you for your response. I have requested the Networking guide. I just had another question. I brought this issue to our IT department and they said pinging 443 works (telnet emea1.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com 443). but the default was 80?

is this something that has to be configured on our end?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.