Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 3

How to access FinancialFilings data in python using GraphQL?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 3

@zoya.farberov thank you this is very helpful

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @nikolas

This forum is dedicated to the usage of Eikon APIs.

If you would like to retrieve FinancialFilings data into Python dataframe variable, you can review the quick start guide at https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/eikon/eikon-data-api/quick-start

So basically, you need to know the field name and instrument code.

Example:

If you need help identifying field name, you can contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/

Once you can retrieve all the information you are looking for, then you should visit https://graphql.org/ to research how to use GraphQL on Python.

ahs1.png (11.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @nikolas,

In addition to the information from @chavalit.jintamalit, you may find useful python example Filings.py found in Downloads -> Quickstart and Python Tutorials source code

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 2 3

Hi @zoya.farberov,

I am using the above Filings.py sample, but I am getting an 'insufficient_scope' error

"code":"insufficient_scope",

"message":"access denied. Scopes required to access the resource: [trapi.graphql.subscriber.access]. Missing scopes: [trapi.graphql.subscriber.access]","status":"Forbidden"}}\n'

I tried EDP API & Eikon Data API App key as CLIENT_ID

Do I need a separate CLIENT_ID & CLIENT_SECRET?

How I can make it work?

Thanks,

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @nikolas,

Refinitiv Data Platform services are a separate product, different from Eikon/Refinitiv Workspace that are accessible via Eikon Data API. Therefore, it requires to have this separate product, to have the permissions to access the service.

For more information on the service offering and usage for developers, you can see Filings on RDP (offering overview) and Filings RDP Developers Guide.

If you find that this is what you are looking for, or if you will need the relevant product information to determine, if your organization may be interested in this service, the best contact would be your Refinitiv account manager to discuss your requirements, specifically.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.