Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

bid_yield get_snapshot API request.

Hello, I'm pulling down ask_yield and bid_yield via the API and I'm seeing different values in the API call result then what's shown in the Eikon UI.

Symbol: US927804FG41 For Bid Yield the UI is showing 2.8770 but the API result is 2.89
This is my API call: df = streaming_prices.get_snapshot( instruments = rics, fields = ['BID_YIELD', 'ASK_YIELD'] )

Can you please advise on the field/request needed to pull down 2.8770? I believe 2.8770 is RT_YIELD_1 is that field available in the get_snapshot request?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiyield
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@mschweig

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@mschweig

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @mschweig

The RIC code for 'US927804FG41' is '927804FG4='

You can try this code to get the RIC code:

df,e = ek.get_data('US927804FG41','TR.RIC')
df

On the Eikon Desktop, please launch a Quote application and open '927804FG4=' RIC code.

Then click display all fields to see all the field names that can be used with streaming_prices.

On the quote application, you can hover mouse pointer to see the field names.

I believe in this case, you should use RT_YIELD_1 field.

For an authoritative answer to any content questions, the best resource is the Refinitiv Content Helpdesk.
This forum is dedicated to things specific to the use of Eikon APIs.
The moderators here do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Eikon.
The Refinitiv Content Helpdesk can be reached using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
Or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.
Or at https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs1.png (52.8 KiB)
ahs2.gif (373.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.