question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 3

Trying to open RFA-TS1 example crashed my Visual Studio 2012

Hi there,

I am trying to open the TS1 example file, StarterConsumer_TS1_VS100_x64.csproj, that I downloaded from rfa C#, using Visual Studio 2012. This is the file, with full path, as what you get when you download the zip file from Reuters:

rfanet8.0.0.L1.win.rrg\Examples\StarterConsumer_TS1\StarterConsumer_TS1_VS100_x64.csproj

But when I open it, my Visual Studio 2012 just crashes... with a window showing:

"Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 has stopped working...

Check online for a solution and restart the program

Restart the program

Debug the program"

I was able to open other examples from the same rfanet8.0.0.L1.win.rrg\Examples folder, but I was interested in this one because I wanted to start pulling historical time series.

1) Is this an issue with my Visual Studio 2012 installation? I do not think so, because I was able to open, modify and compile other examples.

2) Is there any way I could get another copy of this TS1 exmaple, and see if I still have this creashing issue?

Thanks!

treprfarfa-apiDownloadvisual-studioexample
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Damian.F.Abasto

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Damian,

Are you thinking that TS1 example could have become corrupted on your box?

Then yes, from Downloads section of the developers portal, you can download RFA.NET 8.0 toolkit, unzip it into a different location, and try opening example TS1?

Would this make sense?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

With VS2012 please try

StarterConsumer_TS1_VS110_x64.csproj

Please let us know if you continue seeing the issue

icon clock
10 |1500

Zoya, I tried also closing my Visual Studio, rebooting my PC... nothing seems to work... None of the three versions (StarterConsumer_TS1_VS100_x64.csproj,

StarterConsumer_TS1_VS110_x64.csproj or StarterConsumer_TS1_VS120_x64.csproj) would work with my Visual Studio 2012... all of them makes it crash.

Again, I was able to open and work with other RFA/C# examples. Do you think I could get another, "clean copy" of this TSA1 example?

Thanks!

Upvotes
1 1 2 3

Hi Zoya,

Thanks for your answer. I tried opening:

StarterConsumer_TS1_VS100_x64.csproj

StarterConsumer_TS1_VS110_x64.csproj

StarterConsumer_TS1_VS120_x64.csproj

ALL of them produces the same error: my Visual Studio 2012 crashes....

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Damian,

Did you re-download a fresh copy of the kit from the website again as suggested by Zoya?

The one thing different about the TS1 example is that it refers to the TS1_NET120_x64.dll - which the other examples don't....So, is it possible that a dependency of the above is missing from your PC perhaps and VS is not handling this well?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.