Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
98 26 32 35

Unpopulated TR.ExchangeCountry vs. populated TR.HeadquartersCountry

Requesting data from indices, I stumbled upon a particular stock (APG.N) for which I couldn't retrieve TR.ExchangeCountry but had a successful request for TR.HeadquartersCountry (I attached two more companies for which both requests are successful).

df, e = ek.get_data(['APG.N', 'PAGP.N', '1089.HK'],
            ['TR.ExchangeCountry', 'TR.HEadquartersCountry'])

The outcome is:

Instrument       Country of Exchange   Country of Headquarters
0      APG.N                      None  United States of America
1     PAGP.N  United States of America  United States of America
2    1089.HK                 Hong Kong                 Hong Kong
[{'code': 416, 'col': 1, 'message': "Unable to collect data for the field 'TR.ExchangeCountry' and some specific identifier(s).", 'row': 0}]

Is there a particular reason why this might have occurred?

Thanks in advance!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Content integrity issues such as missing or incorrect data are best reported to Refinitiv Helpdesk, which can be reached by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application, calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by visiting MyRefinitiv.
I opened case 09467435 with the Helpdesk on your behalf. The Helpdesk will investigate the issue and get back to you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you Alex!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.