question

Upvotes
Accepted
262 12 15 18

Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused

I have a python component to make HTTP requests towards host='select.datascopeapi.extranet.reuters.biz', port=443.
But I get: Max retries exceeded with url: /RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRaw (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f98af0f7940>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))

pythontick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Beera.Rajesh

The question is public. We shouldn't expose the client's email address in the question so I have removed it.

Hello @Beera.Rajesh

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @Beera.Rajesh,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
262 12 15 18

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai Noted.

I had suggested <https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/6539/how-to-use-dssrest-api-examples-behind-a-proxy.html>; , client confirmed that the newly added CLI functionality of my component is corrupted. Connection towards your host is fine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

@Beera.Rajesh

It looks like to be a network issue. I got the same error 111 when trying to connect to that host via IP Address (159.43.7.35).

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='159.43.7.35', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /RestApi/v1/Authentication/RequestToken (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7fafc90b7d68>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))

The client can use the following curl command to verify the connection.

curl -v -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Prefer: respond-async" -X POST -d "{\"Credentials\": {\"Username\": \"ClientUsername\",\"Password\": \"ClientPassword\"}}" https://select.datascopeapi.extranet.reuters.biz/RestApi/v1/Authentication/RequestToken

If it requires a proxy to connect to the server, the client needs to configure a proxy in Python.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.