Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
51 1 1 0

type object 'SettingsFrame' has no attribute 'ENABLE_CONNECT_PROTOCOL' Error Message

Hi -

As of Monday morning I am unable to import eikon to a jupyter notebook, receiving an error:

type object 'SettingsFrame' has no attribute 'ENABLE_CONNECT_PROTOCOL'

This error appears to be generated from the h2 package.

I am aware of a similar question posted to this forum at some point.

My h2 package is version 4.0.0.

My httpx package is version 0.14.3.

My eikon package is version 1.1.8.

My hyperframe package is version 6.0.0.

Is there a version dependency problem here? I understand what the error message means but I'm not sure if one of my installed packages is not correct.

Any solution to this?

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @michael-r.meyer,

Have not seen exact this issue.

As a sanity check, sometimes Jupyter gets into a faulty state. Have you had a chance to fully restart Jupiter, making sure via Task Manager that no instance of Jupyter process remains running, and if required, manually killing any zombied Jupyter processes?

Next, I would restart Eikon desktop, making sure via Task manager that no Eikon process survives, i.e. clean restart.

Next would try restarting Jupyter and testing, to confirm, if the issue with eikon import persists.

Hi -

Yes, I tried that to no avail.

Still receiving the error message.

Hello @michael-r.meyer,

Trying to narrow down the issue, and to see if it's correlated to Jupyter:

Is on DOS command shell, you run

python, and then

>>> import eikon
>>>

Does it manifest the same issue? If it does, then the issue is unrelated to Jupyter.

(if you have many versions of Python installed, the test has to be conducted consistently, on the same python that Jupyter uses)

What version of python do you run?

If you see the same behavior with naked python, I would try uninstalling, and reinstalling eikon module.

Using version 3.7.9

It's definitely not Jupyter-related. That's just where I typically run my source.

If I run python from a command prompt and attempt to import eikon I get the same error. It's important to note that up until 2 days ago this all worked fine.

Here is part of the traceback (note the final error seemingly coming from the h2 package, which is version 4.0.0):

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

File "P:\myEnvs\lib\site-packages\h2\settings.py", line 55, in SettingCodes

ENABLE_CONNECT_PROTOCOL = SettingsFrame.ENABLE_CONNECT_PROTOCOL

AttributeError: type object 'SettingsFrame' has no attribute 'ENABLE_CONNECT_PROTOCOL'

I uninstalled and reinstalled eikon as well.

Hello @michael-r.meyer

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@michael-r.meyer

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
51 1 1 0

It appears that a simple:

conda install h2==3.2.0

fixed the problem. For some reason it really wasn't liking h2 v4.0.0

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @michael-r.meyer,

Thanks for the update, it will help the next developers with the same or similar issue.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @michael-r.meyer,

Do you see a stack trace?

Looking at this related discussion.

At this point in the elimination process, it looks like a module that eikon requires might have been removed or corrupted. And it is not one one of the dependencies of eikon that get reinstalled with eikon (you just reinstalled and I assume you reviewed the output on eikon installation and there were no errors, it installed cleanly)

So would install another, recent version of python, in addition the one(s) that you have already, run that python, install eikon on it, and see if it exhibits the same issue on eikon import. Hopefully, to determine if the issue originates with the python environment or with eikon, somehow.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @michael-r.meyer,

I have just noticed your comment on this discussion thread. Does it mean, the issue is gone in both cases, and you are able to proceed to import, was the solution applicable to both questions?

Thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.