question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

How can I retrieve historical price data on Excel for a list of 1000+ companies after an IPO?

I am interested in studying the performance of all the European companies that did an IPO between 2000 and 2020. I have downloaded the list of IPOs but now I don't know how to create a file which includes the historical price data for all the companies in the list.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-apihistoricaltime-seriespricing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@alessandro.ciarla

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Was this ever solved?? I have the same issue.
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

There's a number of ways to retrieve price history for stocks. Here's an example of a worksheet function retrieving daily price history for Facebook from IPO date until today given the stock RIC (FB.O) and IPO date.

=TR("FB.O","TR.PriceClose","EDate=20120518 CH=Fd RH=Date")

For more details refer to the Help for Eikon Excel add-in.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hello, I am planning a similar project.

Unfortunately, the formula does not work for me.

For the BMW share, I used the German stock exchange abbreviation "BMW" instead of FB. Both with and without "0".

=TR("BMW.O","TR.PriceClose","EDate=20120518 CH=Fd RH=Date")
=TR("BMW","TR.PriceClose","EDate=20120518 CH=Fd RH=Date")

Could you please help me

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.