question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

How can I retrieve historical price data on Excel for a list of 1000+ companies after an IPO?

I am interested in studying the performance of all the European companies that did an IPO between 2000 and 2020. I have downloaded the list of IPOs but now I don't know how to create a file which includes the historical price data for all the companies in the list.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-apihistoricaltime-seriespricing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Was this ever solved?? I have the same issue.
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 78 11 27

There's a number of ways to retrieve price history for stocks. Here's an example of a worksheet function retrieving daily price history for Facebook from IPO date until today given the stock RIC (FB.O) and IPO date.

=TR("FB.O","TR.PriceClose","EDate=20120518 CH=Fd RH=Date")

For more details refer to the Help for Eikon Excel add-in.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hello, I am planning a similar project.

Unfortunately, the formula does not work for me.

For the BMW share, I used the German stock exchange abbreviation "BMW" instead of FB. Both with and without "0".

=TR("BMW.O","TR.PriceClose","EDate=20120518 CH=Fd RH=Date")
=TR("BMW","TR.PriceClose","EDate=20120518 CH=Fd RH=Date")

Could you please help me

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.