Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

API: Retrieve ESG Pillar Weights

Hello,

Is there a possibility that the weights of the individual pillars can be retrieved via the API?

For e.g.:

fields =  ['TR.EnvironmentPillarScoreGrade.date', 'TR.EnvironmentPillarScoreGrade']
# how to retrieve `Weight` (in this case: 13.9%)
# fields += ['TR.EnvironmentPillarScoreGradeWeight'] # does not exist

df, err = ek.get_data(
    instruments = ['MSFT.OQ'], fields = fields,       
    parameters = {'SDate':'0Y', 'EDate':f'-2Y'}
)

Unfortunetaly, I can not retrieve a variable such as `'TR.EnvironmentPillarScoreGradeWeight'`. I did not find any relatable data-item it in the Item Browser either.

Could these variables possibly be integrated or does a "work-around" exist?

Best,

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiesg
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @lars.poppe,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@lars.poppe

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you know an answer, please share your answer, and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @lars.poppe

So the question is, is there any field carrying "ESG Pillar Weights" data point?

This forum is not the best place to ask about content questions.
For an authoritative answer to any content questions, the best resource is the Refinitiv Content Helpdesk.

You can ask help desk to provide you the field name(if it is available).
This forum is dedicated to things specific to the use of Eikon APIs.
The moderators here do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Eikon.
The Refinitiv Content Helpdesk can be reached using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
Or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.
Or at https://my.refinitiv.com/

I also would like to know how would you know that the value is 13.9%?

Is it available on Eikon Desktop?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 1 1

Thank you for your quick answer. Exactly, the question was about which variable name (i.e. the field name) corresponds to the data about the Pillar Weights.

Regarding your last question: Right, the Pillar Weights (in percent) are available on Eikon Desktop. Unfortunately, there is no popup help icon that provides the field name.

I will be contacting the help desk, thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.