For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 1

How to retrieve all current legal entity data over the three legal entity tables using python?

I've been trying to access the API through a (pretty bare bones) python script. The problem I am facing at the moment is i can't pass 'not null' in the EntityIdentifierList in the json payload to get data from all Legal entities. I want to call the API with only a record active flag or a current indicator but it wont let me and i can't find documentation to help me with this on the website.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

pythondss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrest-apijson-payload
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@floor.van.dalen

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @floor.van.dalen,

I do not think the extraction is designed to work this way. You would need to pass into the extraction, for LegalEntity extraction request, a EntityIdentifierList with valid identifiers.

If you would like to determine a list of identifiers per criteria, would need to run a Search. In this context, I would try an Entity Search, such as:

{
                {protocol}}{
                {host}}{
                {api}}Search/EntitySearch

{
    "SearchRequest": {
        "OfficialNameOnly": true,
        "DomicileCodes": null,
        "CountryOfIncorporationCodes": null,
        "TrBusinessClassificationCodes": null,
        "VerifiedOnly": true,
        "RegulatedOnly": false,
        "IssuersOnly": false,
        "ActiveOnly": true,
        "IncludeUnManagedOrUnVerified": false,
        "PreferredIdentifierType": "OrgId"
    }
}

Or similar, per your requirements. It would result with a large result set with a next link

{
    "@odata.context": "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#Collection(ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Content.ValidatedEntity)",
    "value": [
        {
            "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Search.EntitySearchResult",
            "Identifier": "107969602",
            "IdentifierType": "OrgId",
            "Key": "VjF8MHgwMDAzZWYwNmMwYWEwNjg2fEVORU58MTA3OTY5NjAyfE9SRw",
            "Description": "ARC EXCESS & SURPLUS, L.L.C.",
            "InstrumentType": "Entity",
            "Type": "Business Organization",
 ],
    "@odata.nextlink": "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Search/EntitySearch?$skiptoken='MjUw'"
}

This link can be used to post, recursively, to obtain the complete result set of the Search, i.e. set of Orgid IDs.

{
                {protocol}}{
                {host}}{
                {api}}/Search/EntitySearch?$skiptoken='MjUw' 

And consequently, the OrgIds can be supplied into LegalEntity...ExtractionRequest, to obtain the result which I think would be what you are looking to achieve.

I would like to note, that Searches do not count toward your Quota, and Extractions count toward your Quota. Therefore, when you request an extraction, it can not be unbound, you should be extracting the result set that you require, in my understanding.

I hope this helps in terms of the approach.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Try running a Search. In this context, I would try an Entity Search.

run 3

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Hello @floor.van.dalen, Which endpoint are you trying to invoke? If you post your request query, we can take a look at it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 1

Thank you @zoya.farberov ! I had a call with our contact from Refinitiv and we came to the same conclusion. Seeing the way to formulate the payloads helps allot though!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.