question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

RFA API download page "Approval pending"

Hi Refinitiv and all,

I'd like to download RFA API kit for my integration work, asked to be a "member" week ago, but I still see "Approval pending" message on download page. How long the process typically take and is there anything more I could do to get access to downloads?

Thank you,

David

treprfarfa-apiDownload
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @david.simonek

Thanks for confirming that you are now able to login and download.

For the Java language, the Enterprise Message API (EMA), which is part of the Refinitiv Real-Time Java SDK is recommended as the strategic API choice for 95% of development needs.

If you require the lowest possible latency / highest throughput etc then the Enterprise Transport API (ETA) from the same SDK could be worth exploring.

However, for the majority of Java developers, EMA is recommended.

Refinitiv Real-Time Java SDK | Refinitiv Developers

Key benefits of using Refinitv Real-Time SDK over RFA:

Cloud-native support - develop an application against your deployed Refinitiv Real-Time Distribution System (formerly known as TREP) and you can easily change the app to consume data from our Cloud-based real-time distribution system if required in the future.

Future-proofing - longer-term OS and Compiler support

Refinitv Real-Time SDK is Open Source

EMA is easier to learn and easier to maintain long term

• EMA is easier to use, Less code to write and maintain
  • Improved resources - training, tutorials, examples, articles, use cases

Feel free to compare the source code for examples supplied with each API e.g. a basic RFA consumer example such as QuickStartConsumer with an EMA example such as series100\ex120_MP_FieldListWalk OR compare the RFA Consumer Tutorials with the EMA Java Consumer Tutorials

EMA Java Tutorials

RFA Java Tutorials

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.