question

Upvotes
Accepted
4 1 2 6

invalid request parameter

I'm using the example vb code downloaded from

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/system/files/downloadable/DEX2%20Samples%20using%20EikonDesktopDataAPI.zip

however I can't seem to retrieve the Strike Price for an option. The option I'm trying to get the strike price.

I enter AAPLH051609500.U in the Instruments list, and STRIKE_PRC in the Fields list, but I get an Error stating "Error : STRIKE_PRC is not a valid request parameter."

However when I use RDATA in excel it works fine. What am I missing?

eikoneikon-com-apirdata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

To retrieve STRIKE_PRC, you can use AdxRtList instead of RDATA. Please see Tutorial 2 in this example. The example is C#.

AdxRtList = eikonConnect.CreateAdxRtList();
AdxRtList.OnUpdate += 
   new IAdxRtListEvents_OnUpdateEventHandler(adxRtList_OnUpdate);
AdxRtList.OnStatusChange += 
   new IAdxRtListEvents_OnStatusChangeEventHandler(adxRtList_OnStatusChange);

AdxRtList.Source = "IDN";
AdxRtList.RegisterItems("AAPLH051609500.U", "STRIKE_PRC");
AdxRtList.StartUpdates(RT_RunMode.RT_MODE_ONUPDATE);
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

STIKE_PRICE is one of the fields on the real-time record AAPLH051609500.U, i.e. something you can view with the Quote app. The names for the real-time fields are capitalised, so it is easier for you to recognise them.

RData (or the =TR function) knows which database to query when you select the field in Formula Builder in Excel. The fields that require the use of AdfinX Real-time or the .NET Data API are kept in the Data Items of the Formula Builder under the Real-time category. Everything else in the Data Items can be accessed with DEX2.

Hope this helps!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.