Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Connecting and retrieving FXOptions rates from Refinitiv, existing app in .Net, want to adapt Java APIs

Hi, We already have .net App which connects to Refinitiv to bring FXOptions rates data. Request goes out as "BID" for few Currency pairs, and result we retrieve is CallRIC, PutRIC, OpenRIC, CurrencyBase, CurrencyFar, Delta, Tenor. Looking for similar code in Java, as Windows infrastructure will be demised. As I understand from forum, we need to use Eikon library ? Appreciate if someone can tag post which we can utilize to, 1. Connect to Refinitiv 2. Make request to get FXOptions volatility smiles data for Ccy pairs
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@chirag.soni

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@chirag.soni

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @chirag.soni

I do not recognize the code you provided.

I think maybe your development team might develop a wrapper for our APIs?

Anyway, if you are looking for real-time streaming data.

I think you may refer to Real-Time SDK (RTSDK) and use the Enterprise Message API(EMA) in the SDK package.

You can find some information here, https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/elektron/elektron-sdk-java/

I highly suggest that you contact your Refinitiv Account Manager, so they can help to understand your requirement, your current product and suggest a suitable solution to your company.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @chirag.soni

Do you know the product name to which your .NET app connects to?

So I can try to give you some suggestions regarding the product you are currently using.

Eikon Data API is an API that connects to Eikon Desktop application on Windows.

It only supports Python.

I think this is no what you are looking for.

I would suggest that you contact with Refinitiv Account Manager who manages your account so they can bring in relevant colleagues to provide you more information.
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 1
@chavalit.jintamalit, Appreciate your response. I don't see .net code referring to any particular product, is it ok if I share API that is used ? Please refer below code as well as config : VSmileAPI.VSmileAPIRequest req = new VSmileAPI.VSmileAPIRequest(); // Configure static values used in all requests req.application = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["Application"]; req.interfaceCode = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["InterfaceCode"]; req.rateArea = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["RateArea"]; req.market = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["MarketCode"]; I tried searching forum to see if I get Java API to get FXOptions rates, but I see either python code or .net.
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.