Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Retrieve the publishing date for an economic indicator in get_timeseries

We are downloading the timeseries of an economic indicator (for instance USCPI=ECI).

We would be interested in having the date of the release (ideally the datetime).

Is it possible via API? (currently using Eikon's Python API)

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @xbarrachina

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @xbarrachina

I am not an expert on DataStream API (DSWS).

But I think this data may be available on DSWS.

I copy this screesnshot from another question but it seems to be related.

Please post your question under DataStream forum.

If you want to get access to DSWS API, please contact your Refinitiv Account Manager or Refinitiv Customer Success Manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @xbarrachina

I am not sure if this is the date you are looking for ?

ahs.jpg (38.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit,

Thank you for your answer.

No, that's the period the publication corresponds to. We are interested in the Original release date.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @xbarrachina

Can you let me know how do you browse to the provided screenshot?

Or what is your current API call?

So I can try to see if it is possible to use Eikon Data API.

Thanks.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit,

From the ECOIND window (simply inserting USCPI=ECI on the search bar and going to the first result), above the chart, on the upper-right corner the middle icon is show table. My screenshot is from the default view.

Thanks for your help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit,

Does that mean that it not possible to access this information via Eikon API?

icon clock
10 |1500

I think that it is not possible with Eikon Data API.

We would like to request for it to be possible.

Other providers have this timeseries via api from their console.

Thank you for your help.

Hi @xbarrachina

I believe that your Eikon subscription comes with DSWS access.

That is why I suggest that you can contact your AM or CSM to get permission.

Upvotes
1 1 1 3

Hi, has anyone figure out how to do this (getting publish date instead of the period the indicator is relevant for?) within Eikon

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.