Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 0

Historical ETF Holding Weights

Dear Refinitiv Team,

I know this question was discussed already a couple of times - but I am not succeeding: I am trying to get the ETF holdings weights (overtime) for the RPV - "Invesco S&P 500 Pure Value Index" which tracks the ".SP500PV". I am also fine with the holding weights of the underlying index the "SP500PV".

I tried several things to get either the weights of the ETF or of the SP500PV itself:

The "best" I could do was (where date_for_query is a variable).

ek.get_data('Index('RPV',' + date_for_query + ')',['TR.IndexConstituentWeightPercent','TR.RIC'])[0]

Unfortunately, this request results in the same table for any date. Hence I don't get the weights over time.

I also tried to access the holding weights via the following but no weights are reported:

ek.get_data('RPV',['TR.ETPConstituentRIC','TR.ETPConstituentWeightPercent'],{'SDate': '2012-01-01'})

I also tried to access the weights with the Index and the "0#" method.

Is there a way to obtain the "tracking basket" of the ETF over time? Another alternative would be to get the DERIVED HOLDINGS (it's only monthly though).

Many thanks

Lorenzo

eikoneikon-data-apiworkspacerefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspace-data-apitime-seriesetf
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.6k 20 6 9

@User23 Unfortunately we don't carry historical constituents for all indices. I was able to get the constituents for a particular date (I checked these do change overtime) for the RPV ETF but sadly not the weights - the vendor does not supply us the weights.

df, err = ek.get_data('RPV',['TR.ETPConstituentRIC','TR.ETPConstituentWeightPercent'],{'SDate': '2017-01-03'})

df

If you would like to request the data please submit a content enhancement request via Contact Us. I hope this can help.

1619179686404.png (75.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 0

Thanks a lot for the update.

Is there a way to get the constituents of the Underlying Index (SP500PV) or is there a way to obtain the "tracking basket" of the ETF over time?

Best Lorenzo

icon clock
10 |1500

@User23

You can directly contact the Eikon support team via MyRefinitv for a way to retrieve the required information with the =TR function in Eikon Excel.

If we have a formula in Eikon Excel to retrieve the data, we can apply the formula to the get_data method in Eikon Data API.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.