Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Error Code 500 "Internal Server error"

Hello,

I'm running the following code to download headline news but suddenly it stop working:

import eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key('my key')

df = ek.get_news_headlines('( Topic:NEWS1 OR Topic:TOP3P ) NOT ( Topic:TOPALL OR Topic:TOPNP OR Product:RITV OR Topic:OPT OR Report:US/EARN OR Report:EUR/EARN OR Topic:FBOX OR Topic:AAA OR Topic:TAL OR Topic:DIARY OR Topic:RCH OR Topic:CLM OR Topic:VEN OR Topic:ADVS ) AND Language:LEN', count=100)

start_date="2021-04-01",

end_date="2021-04-02"

I'm getting the following error : Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"connect ECONNREFUSED 159.220.1.19:443","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}

I'm running the code in spyder 3.6 and Eikon API Version 1.1.8

Can you please help me fix it?

thanks

Giorgio

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-500
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @giorgio.abate,

I tried your example request now and was able to retrieve data successfully. Can you confirm whether this request fails every time, or intermittently? Also, you included 2 dates in your question - I'm not clear where this fits in - they are not part of your query.

Regarding the error, this is coming from the server and we have observed there are intermittent issues - whether the server goes offline. You can look at this answer (and others on this forum): https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/55238/get-data-internal-server-error.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 1
Hi @nick.zincone.1 Actually last time I tried, some days ago, it worked just fine. Today I tried a couple of time, restarted Refinitiv, cleared the cache but nothing. Maybe the server is offline and i cannot get a stable connection. Could also be caused by the firewall protection of my company? but it would be strange that suddenly stopped working. About the dates in the code just ignore it, I copied only part of the code and the dates go later on.
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @giorgio.abate,

There appears to be no issue with your code.

Do you continue facing error 500?

Is it consistently reproducing?

Were there changes in your organization's network or firewall setup that might have contributed to the failure to establish connectivity?

You may find information in this previous discussion thread helpful.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.