Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Organization level ESG data

We have been prompted by our Customer Success Manager to post this question here, so here goes:

Ultimately, we’d like to be able to map all Securities under the same logical Organization to the same ESG indicator values. We noticed that using the Eikon Excel plugin, we’re able to use a Security’s TR.OrganizationId to query for ESG values, while the public Eikon Data API for Python does not have this capability.

1. We suspect that the Organization-level fetched by the Excel plugin is actually fetching from the Security level by some primary/parent Security’s RIC, and the implementation is hidden from the Excel user. Is that accurate? If so, how does that primary/parent Security RIC get determined?
  2. If (a) Is not accurate, is there a way for us to pull Organization-level ESG data using the public Data API such that it matches what gets pulled using the Excel plugin? If so, can you please point to relevant documentation?
  3. Is there anything we should know in general about how Organization-level ESG data gets reconciled in Eikon?
eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiesg
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@wang.lei

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any updates on this question.

If it is still an issue, please post again with the information requested by Chavalit to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@wang.lei

ESG data is all at the organization level. It can be retrieved using some instrument identifiers, e.g. using company's stock RIC. But the data is still at the organizational level. I'm not sure I understand your statement that you were able to retrieve data using Eikon Excel, but not using Eikon Data APIs. This does not sound right to me. If data can be retrieved using =TR function in Eikon Excel, it can also be retrieved using get_data method of Eikon Data APIs and vice versa.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @wang.lei

Sorry for the delayed response.

Can you show me your excel formula?

So I can see if this is possible on the Eikon Data API or RDP Library.

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @wang.lei

Could you please share the excel formula?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.