question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

Refinitiv Rebranding and Planned Retirement - RFA 7.4.1

Good morning all,

When we found out about the rebranding and planned retirement projects we reached out to our account representative to see whether it would be affecting us. They confirmed that there was no action required for our particular usage but with the deadline approaching I thought I'd reach out to the community to confirm.

We make use of an old version of RFA (7.4.1). It is implemented in a light weight java app that was developed around 7 years ago. This app simply consumes the data feed (forex rates) and passes it on to our main application for processing. The app connects directly to the Refinitiv server through a VPN.

I would appreciate it if anyone could confirm that there is no action required from our side or let us know what changes will be required.

Thank you very much.

Bevan

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @bevan

Please read the full PCN document at

12072-API Rebranding - new versions. Requires recompile, re-test and re-deployment of applications. Customers have until July 2021 to make the changes. | MyRefinitiv

A few things to consider:
Are you using the RFA Java Value Add layer? e.g.

import com.thomsonreuters.rfa.valueadd.cache 

If so, you would need to change the imports to rebranded version e.g.

import com.reuters.rfa.valueadd.cache 

Customers have until the end of July 2021 to switch over to rebranded versions.
Customer can continue to use the older version. However, Refinitiv will support ONLY E loads (emergency/blockers) in the transition period.

After July 2021

• Customers can continue to use the old version but this is NOT RECOMMENDED.
  • We will continue to offer support for non-re-branded versions of the API that includes investigating reported issues, analysis to identify and reproduce the problem and recommend workarounds. Please note that a workaround may not always be possible or feasible
  • If a bug is discovered which requires an RFA API code fix, the fix will only be done on the newer rebranded version.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

Thank you very much @umer.nalla, that gives me the information I need.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.