For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Regarding the addition of new parameter in ValidateCounterparties,Extract & ValidateInstruments API's in C#

We are using refinitiv datascope and recently,we have moved from old reuters.com url to refinitiv.com url and our expectations are just changing the URL should be enough. But we do see that existing API's which we used got changed and below API's needed an extra parameter EjvServerHeader.

The API’s within the ExtractionServiceClient are changed as shown below :-

1. ValidateInstruments :-

ValidateInstruments(ref CredentialsHeader CredentialsHeader, EjvServerHeader EjvServerHeader, InstrumentValidationRequest request, out InstrumentValidationResponse ValidateInstrumentsResult)
  2. Extract

Extract(ref CredentialsHeader CredentialsHeader, EjvServerHeader EjvServerHeader, ExtractionRequest request, out ExtractionResponse ExtractResult)
  3. ValidateCounterparties

ValidateCounterparties(ref CredentialsHeader CredentialsHeader, EjvServerHeader EjvServerHeader, CounterpartyValidationRequest request, out CounterpartyValidationResponse ValidateCounterpartiesResult)

We want to know the purpose of the extra parameter and what is the purpose it serves, currently, I gave an empty structure and it's working fine. But I want to know it's purpose

Code is implemented in C#

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @pkruthiventi,

As you question appears to be about Datascope HTTP REST API and not about Refinitiv Data Platform, moving it to Datascope forums.

It is about SOAP API not rest API, but anyway thank you for moving it into concerned group

Hello @pkruthiventi

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@pkruthiventi

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @pkruthiventi,

Thanks.

We have verified your inquiry with the product team, and they confirm as follows:

"The header EjvServerHeader is not a new and was added in 2017.

This header was added for special cases, and should not be applicable for the majority of clients.

If they never used that before they can ignore it, in this case API will use the load balancer by default.".

Therefore, for your implementation this header is safe to disregard,

Hope this information helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @pkruthiventi,

I think you are referring to Refinitiv Tick History - Mandatory Technical Migrations.

If you follow the link to PCN (Product Change Notification) to My Refinitv, please find both PCN and Mandatory Migration User Guide document, with a section on DSS SOAP migration.

From my reviewing the required changes for DSS SOAP, I do not see these in the required to migrate sections.

This is why I would suggest, waiting till DSS 15.0 is released (which is imminent, I was told that targeted date is June 5th) and consequently verifying, via complete set of released DSS 15.0 documentation, if the change you discuss is required in order to request the same content that you are currently requesting, or it rather covers additional functionality being introduced in 15.0.

Hope this helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

i am talking about refinitiv data scope for reference data not realtime data. Let me know if i can get a developer document and let me know where to search the document in the community forum.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @pkruthiventi,

Could you please confirm, where do you see the new headers in

Refinitiv DataScope Select - REST API Downloads

Refinitiv DSS .NET SDK - PRELIMINARY for Review Only

or

Refinitiv DSS C# Example Application - PRELIMINARY for Review Only

?

I don't seem to find them, and would like to make sure we are looking at the same migration materials?

Thanks

We are using SOAP API not rest API, we are calling above functions to performs the required validation functions etc., in C#. We need to look into soap api migration materials and I looked into it and I don't see any change. I already followed the suggestions given in the document and updated everything through WSDL but the function definition got changed which we are using and I am getting compilation issues. It shows that a new parameter is added called EjvServerHeader and I am currently passing an empty structure to make it pass. Let me know whether my explanation is enough.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.