Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

How to avoid Error 403?

I want to use a python Eikon API. I already generated an app key. When running the API, I receive the following error message: Client Error:

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-403
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@d.ruecker

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you know an answer, please share your answer, and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

<AHS>

Case 09990798 is closed with no resolution.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@d.ruecker

Thank you very much for the info. It confirms what I thought to be the likely root cause of the problem. The issue requires intervention by Refinitiv Support. I opened a support case with Refinitiv Helpdesk on your behalf. Refinitiv Support will reach out to you with the next steps. For your reference the case number is 09990798.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @d.ruecker

What is the full error message? Is it "Error code 403| Client Error: Your Eikon account is not allowed to run Eikon API Proxy. " message?

If so, I suggest you contact your Refinitiv representative/Account manager based on the Eikon Data API Limitation guide document https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/eikon/eikon-data-api/documentation#eikon-data-api-usage-and-limits-guideline page.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@d.ruecker

As far as I can see your Eikon account is permissioned to run Eikon API Proxy and to use Eikon Data APIs. As @wasin.waeosri said, we do need the full error message to provide any assistance here. It would be also very helpful to include the line of code that returned this error. Alternatively you could try troubleshooting the issue yourself following the steps in the article titled "Eikon Data API(Python) Troubleshooting".

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

The full error message is the following:

Client Error: <!--# Id: internetaccess.html 115044 2016-03-18 17:59:46Z szhang --> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3c.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd"> <html> <head> <meta name="description" content="Zscaler makes the internet safe for businesses by protecting their employees from malware, viruses, and other security threats."> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1"> <title>Internet Security by Zscaler</title>
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

The line of code is:

ek.get_timeseries(["MSFT.O"],start_date = "2016-01-01",end_date="2016-01-10")

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@d.ruecker

The error message suggests that Zscaler Internet security product used on your corporate network blocks the HTTP request created by Eikon Data APIs. Could you please confirm that you're submitting data requests from within your corporate network (this means you're either physically located in your company's office or you're using corporate VPN) rather than directly connecting to the Internet, as would be the case if you were using an Internet Service Provider at home?

I assume your Eikon application is running fine and is able to retrieve the data, right? Could you please confirm this as well?

Finally, could you enter the following URL in an Internet browser, and share the result? This test needs to be performed while Eikon application is running on your machine. http://localhost:9060/api/status

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

Yes, I'm submitting data requests from within my corporate network.

I'm also able to retrieve data via the Eikon application.

When entering the URL, I receive the following message:

{"statusCode":"ST_PROXY_READY","version":"2.8.0"}
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.