Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
38 6 9 11

Eikon API sum company data per country list

Dear Refinitiv team,

I'm trying to obtain some country-specific benchmarks for a few company-specific variables, such as "TR.AnalyticEstimatedCO2Total" and "TR.TotalAssetsReported". For example, I'd like to obtain the total "TR.TotalAssetsReported" for France as at end-2020. One way to do this would be to know in advance all French companies, get a list of their tickers/ISINs, download the field "TR.TotalAssetsReported", and then sum that number.

However, I was wondering if there is a way, using Eikon, to just obtain the sum of "TR.TotalAssetsReported" for all French companies within Eikon's databases as at end-2020, without having to know in advance all firms, their tickers, etc. and downloading data for all those firms?

Thank you very much in advance

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @AAMZ

I think you still need to download each company TR.TotalAssetsReported before you can sum them.

Here is the sample code:

ahs1.png

ahs1.png (26.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@chavalit.jintamalit Thank you so much--this is brilliant in its simplicity and speed. Two quick follow-up questions: do you know whether there's a way to output time series data from this and also to ensure that all results are converted to euros (not relevant for France, but in case I run this for a non-Euro country)? I'm not so familiar with the screener to be honest--if you know whether there's a guide I could read then I can also try to educate myself.

Thank you again in any case

Hi @AAMZ

For SCREENER, you can read more detail at https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/article-catalog/article/find-your-right-companies-with-screener-eikon-data-apis-python

For currency conversion, you can add more parameters.

I am using only 1 instrument for demonstration purposes.
ahs2.png

ahs2.png (26.4 KiB)
AAMZ avatar image AAMZ chavalit-jintamalit
Great, thank you again @chavalit.jintamalit . Have a nice rest of the day

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.