question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

RFA ping Timeout

Hello Let me ask you about your RFA (Robust Foundation API) Java. RFA issues a ping request to the connection destination, I heard that if there is no response from the connection destination for a certain period of time, it will be disconnected. In this case, what is the initial timeout value for ping requests in the API? Also, is it possible to change the initial value from the outside? The RFA Java version is (v8.1.2).
treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @yuut.nakajima

Basically, the Ping is used for detecting the state of the connection between the API and ADS server. When both sides are connecting, they will send pings to each other, and waiting for a ping reply. If there is no problem between them, the sending side will expect the ping reply from the receiving side within the ping timeout value. If the ping reply does not come from receiving side within the ping timeout value, it is interpreted as a problem at the receiving side, and the connection is dropped.

The RFA API manages the Ping mechanism for the application, the application does not need to manually send the Ping message. Please be informed that the RFA Java API has a pingInterval Connection parameter to let the application configure a Ping interval between the API and server.

pinginterval.png

pinginterval.png (84.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1
Hello @wasin.waeosri Thank you for your reply. I understand that the timeout period is managed by the pingInterval connection parameter. Is the initial value of pingInterval correct for the attached material as 20000ms (60 seconds)?
icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @yuut.nakajima

Yes, the default value of the pingInterval parameter is 20000

Hello @wasin.waeosri

I understand that the default value is 20000.
Thank you very much.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.