question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

After switching deployed application with RFA to new server we received the following error message: com.reuters.mainloop.DispatchException: Position 62 is greater than maximum position 32. What does this mean?

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @andreas.a.stocker

We no longer support RFA v6.0 and have not done for quite some time now. The oldest version I have on my local PC is v6.4 which was released in 2009 - so 6.0 is going to be several years older than that.

To make matters worse, looking at your source code, you are using the legacy MarketData interface which is even older than the OMM interface that is used by the most recent versions of RFA.

The most recent version we support which still includes the MarketData interface is v7.7 which can be downloaded from Downloads | Refinitiv Developers

You can certainly try rebuilding your app using RFA 7.7- but I would not recommend you do this.

The best course of action would be to migrate your code to EMA Java - one of our strategic APIs which forms part of the Real-Time Java SDK. This will provide longer-term support and ease of maintenance for your code.

Looking at your code, I don't expect it would be a huge effort to replace the RFA code with EMA Code.

Whilst, you will need to spend some time learning EMA - it is designed as an 'ease of use' API and requires very few lines of code to connect to the server, request data and extract the fields from the data.

I recommend you study the 1st four of the EMA Java tutorials to confirm for yourself how easy it to use - Tutorials | Refinitiv Developers - you can finish with 'EMA Consumer - Parsing and Decoding MarketPrice data' - the remaining tutorials would not be applicable to your use case.

Once you have studied the tutorials and wish to explore further, you can download, build an example and run an EMA Example by following the Quick Start | Refinitiv Developers

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello umer.nalla we are trying to transfer our code from RFA to EME (as you adviced). But from totorial looks like we can get data only for a one item per request. So my question is this a usual situation or is it possible to get data for the list of items per request? And how we can inform our application what all data already requested and ready for use instead of waiting one or more minuts (Thread.sleep(60000);).

Could you please give me a piece of code or link to the suitable example.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @anton.filimonov.ext

I was out of the office for a few days.
I noticed you asked the question on a new post and got the answer.

How to get a list of items per request. - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

HI @andreas.a.stocker

Can you please provide more context and fuller error output / stack trace etc so we can help you better?

Does the error output look similar to what was reported in the post below?:

WARNING: XSW com.reuters.rfa.omm.OMMException - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community

Looking at the above post, the issue was most likely caused by out of date dictionary files? Are you using local dictionary files or downloading from the server?

To get a recent version, you can download the latest version of RFA Java from Downloads | Refinitiv Developers . Once unpacked, you will find the dictionary files in the etc\RDM folder.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

HI @umer.nalla

we currently use rfa 6.0 - and this may be our problem because after switching to new Server the old API may have problems.

The question is if using an actual library may work or if we have to re-implement due to API changes.

I'd like to send you our implementation and our log file and may be you could give me an advice how we could do the update, i.e. use 8.21 or better an earlier one?

Maybe you have a source snippet for us?

Of course best way was if we could somehow fix current API and so get rid of the time pressure first..

Thank you very much!

Attachments:

In RmmicBean see method executeInternal:

RmmicBean.java.txt

The logfile starts with section LOG_SUCESS - which contains the logs before we switched to new server

and section LOG_ERROR - which contains logs after switch

logfile.txt

rmmicbeanjava.txt (30.7 KiB)
logfile.txt (165.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @andreas.a.stocker

Having said all the above, if you are looking for a quick fix - there is insufficient information in the log to indicate why the Transport is being disconnected.

If you are able to capture the full stack trace for the exception it may provide further clues.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

HI @umer.nalla,

thank you very much for your great support!

Using RFA 7.7.1 solved our issues.

However we follow your advice and will implement newest API .

Best regards,

Andreas

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.