question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

VBA force login if not logged already on, and to resume updates if paused

Hi!

I would like to automatize an Excel, to open up and refreshing some quotes, saving it, and closing the file. Now this my VBA manages. This works perfectly when I’m signed in.

But sometimes I am not signed in (for any reason), and then the VBA stops mid-air. I tried already googling and found one guideline(see below), but I cannot manage to get it to work.

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-com/%E2%80%9Ceikon-microsoft-office%E2%80%9D-apis/learning?content=4572&type=learning_material_item

Can someone help me? What am I doing wrong?

I copied the line and enabled Automatic Login:

CreateReutersObject code

Public Function CreateSynchronizationMgr() As PLSynchronizationMgrLib.SynchronizationMgr
Set CreateSynchronizationMgr = CreateReutersObject("PLSynchronizationMgr.SynchroMgr")
End Function---------------------------------------------------------

I assume I need this VBA, but I cannot run it in my Workbook (even though I have taken the same “PLVbaApis” module to my Project.

-----------------------------------------------------

#If VBA7 Then

Private Declare PtrSafe Function CreateReutersObject Lib "PLVbaApis.dll" (ByVal progID As String) As Object

#Else

Private Declare Function CreateReutersObject Lib "PLVbaApis.dll" (ByVal progID As String) As Object

#End If

' Synchronization Manager - added manually, not in original PlVbaApis.bas.

Public Function CreateSynchronizationMgr() As PLSynchronizationMgrLib.SynchronizationMgr

Set CreateSynchronizationMgr = CreateReutersObject("PLSynchronizationMgr.SynchroMgr")

End Function

Private Sub cmdLogIn_Click()

Dim strConnState As String

If myPLSM Is Nothing Then Set myPLSM = CreateSynchronizationMgr()

With myPLSM

Select Case .ConnectionState

'PLConnectionStateType

'PL_CONNECTION_STATE_NONE 0

'PL_CONNECTION_STATE_MINIMAL 1

'PL_CONNECTION_STATE_WAITING_FOR_LOGIN 2

'PL_CONNECTION_STATE_ONLINE 3

'PL_CONNECTION_STATE_OFFLINE 4

'PL_CONNECTION_STATE_LOCAL_MODE 5

Case 0

strConnState = "0 - PL_CONNECTION_STATE_NONE"

Case 1

strConnState = "1 - PL_CONNECTION_STATE_MINIMAL"

Case 2

strConnState = "2 - PL_CONNECTION_STATE_WAITING_FOR_LOGIN"

Case 3

strConnState = "3 - PL_CONNECTION_STATE_ONLINE"

Case 4

strConnState = "4 - PL_CONNECTION_STATE_OFFLINE"

Case 5

strConnState = "5 - PL_CONNECTION_STATE_LOCAL_MODE"

End Select

MsgBox "Connection State: " & strConnState

If .ConnectionState = 2 Or .ConnectionState = 4 Then

'' Two ways of logging in programmatically.

'' If the user log in details are already set for automatic log in, this will log in EfE.

'' Or provide the log in dialogue box otherwise.

'.Login

Application.Run "PLLoginEventHandler"

End If

End With

End Sub

Reuters Eikon MS Office version 4.0.34563
MS Offic Version 2010 Microsofr Office System, MSO (14.0.7166.5000)

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-Bit

eikoneikon-com-apivba
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This question is about Eikon COM libraries for use in MS Office, not about Eikon App Studio. I moved the question to Eikon COM category.

@AndreasT

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

@AndreasT

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @AndreasT,

I suggest rather than copying & pasting VBA code from the Web page into your project you take a look at the example spreadsheet included with the tutorial you mentioned. You can download this example spreadsheet following the link at the top of the tutorial:

Click here to download

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.