Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 6 8 15

Receive RICs of all quotes given one ISIN of a company

Hi everyone,

if I enter a RIC of a companys primary issue in the search bar and if I select "All" in "Show Quotes for", then I see all the quotes that are available for that company (i.e. ordinary shares, preferred shares, depository receipts).

If I try to get the same list of all these quotes using the eikon API , I then I do get the same without the depository receipts. I use the following command:

data = ek.get_symbology(["DE0007100000"], from_symbol_type="ISIN", to_symbol_type="RIC", best_match=False)

Do you have any suggestions haw I can add the depository receipts?

Thanks in advance!

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apisymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@Eikon10 You could also try our our excellent Search API:

rdp.search("DE0007100000",top=1000)

1627981085871.png

This should be very comprehensive. You can also use the Search API for more complex searches. There is an excellent article on the RDP Search API here. I hope this can help.

1627981085871.png (200.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @jason.ramchandani ,

thank you so much, that API is ideed excellent. It works great!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.