question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 3 7

What ip address does the DatastreamDSWS library connect to to download the data

Hi guys,

i'm trying to usee Datastrem DSWS API tool to pull some data. My company is using many restrictions and some addresses are blocked.

reading CustomerConnectivityDNSMigrationGuideV5.19.pdf i realized that DSWS use these adresses:

159.43.17.*

159.43.60.*

159.43.18.*

159.43.61.*

I asked My IT dept and adter unblocking these adresses still i have a connection problem and in python i have such message:

_get_token : Exception Occured

(<class 'requests.exceptions.ConnectionError'>, ConnectionError(MaxRetryError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='product.datastream.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /DSWSClient/V1/DSService.svc/rest/GetToken (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x00000212D70DDF48>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed'))")), <traceback object at 0x00000212D70DD9C8>)

So it looks that product.datastream.com', port=443 is still blocked..

Does anybody know which IP addresses DSWS use and supposed to be unblocked in my company?

regards

datastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
7k 21 3 6

Hi @juliusz.pres,

Have you tried to verify your connection via Test Tool?

Also: As per the DSWS Github repo's DatastreamDSWS_Readme.docx, it seems like you may find the proxy details in the code as shown below:

import DatastreamDSWS as dsws
ds = dsws.Datastream(username='XXXXXXX', password='XXXXXXX', proxy='https://user:password@proxyip:port')

I would suggest letting your network Admin team know the Proxy details returned from that code if you haven't already.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.