question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 5 3 8

How to choose which API "DEX2 CreateRData" or "EikonDesktopDataAPI CreateAdxRtList"

To get Data from Eikon

I'm using "EikonDesktopDataAPI CreateAdxRtList()" for

=RData("JP03420067=","MATUR_DATE","RTFEED:IDN")

I'm using "DEX2 CreateRData()" for

=RData("JP03420067=","EJV.C.MaturityDate",)

And I select which API to use with "Fileds Name " has contains ".".

Is there any one know better way How to select API for fiels?

eikoneikon-com-apirdata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

AdfinX Real-time "EikonDesktopDataAPI CreateAdxRtList()" is used to access real-time data. You can verify fields of real-time data by using Eikon Quote. For example, MATUR_DATE is a field displayed when subscribing to JP03420067= via Eikon Quote.

Therefore, you can use CreateAdxRtList() to access the value of MATUR_DATE.

On the other hand, DEX2 is used to access fundamental data. Normally, Eikon Quote can't access fundamental data.

In conclusion, for all fields displayed in Eikon Quote, you can use CreateAdxRtList() to retrieve the data. For other fields (fundamental data), you need to use DEX2.

matur-date.png (12.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

@SAKAMOTO

Is this the data you are looking for ?

I use "Data Item Browser" on Eikon to search for the field name. (see bottom right of the window)

dex2api.png (18.1 KiB)
dib.png (109.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

I attach the sample code in this post. dex2adcsamplecsharp.zip

Please note that you cannot use Eikon Desktop Data API in App Studio .NET SDK project. However, you can use App Studio WEB SDK to retrieve the same data as mentioned by Zhenya Kovalyov at https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/8206/how-to-get-data-like-ejv-fileds.html#answer-8207

I tested the App Studio WEB SDK with this request:

var request = {
           "instruments":"JP03420067=",
           "fields":"TR.FIMaturityDate"
         };

JET.Data("datagrid").then(function (service) {
           service.request(request).then(function (result) {
             console.log(result);
           }, function (err) { console.log(err); });
         });

And this is the result I received:

{"columnHeadersCount":0,"data":[["2026-03-20"]],"rowHeadersCount":0,"totalColumnsCount":1,"totalRowsCount":1}

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.