For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 2

Create instrument list locally in TRTH REST API

Hi. For the past 26 years, each year I have an instrument list consisting of thousands of stocks' RIC's. I'm using R and I literally have a 'list' looking like: list=c('IBM.N', 'AAPL.O', 'MSFT.O', .....)

So my question is, how do I pass this list in my body? I'm aware that it can be done like:

qq截图20210825175202.png

But it would be impractical to pass thousands of RICs. I've also had a look at https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi.Help/Context/Operation?ctx=Extractions&ent=InstrumentList&opn=ImportFromBytes

But I don't know how to read this page and I'm still confused... So could I have some help? Thank you!

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsstick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ziucqea

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@ziucqea

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@ziucqea

To use this /Extractions/InstrumentListImportFromBytes endpoint, please refer to this discussion. You can use it to create a new instrument list saved on the DSS server.

1629880491872.png

You can also access the DSS GUI to import the instrument list.

To use the instrument list in the on-demand extraction, you need to know the ListId. To get the ListId, you can use the following endpoint. 'test1' is the name of my instrument list.

/Extractions/InstrumentListGetByName(ListName='test1')

The output is:

{
    "@odata.context": "https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#InstrumentLists/$entity",
    "ListId": "0x07af0307431d1024",
    "Name": "test1",
    "Count": 1,
    "Created": "2021-08-25T08:31:18.603Z",
    "Modified": "2021-08-25T08:31:19.103Z"
}

The ListId of 'test1' is 0x07af0307431d1024. Then, we can use it in the on-demand extraction.

{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentListIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentListId": "0x07af0307431d1024"
        },

1629880491872.png (31.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.