Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
22 3 3 7

Securities' names

Hi, I am trying to retrieve the instrument name (e.g., IBM.N) of all public entities in a country (say, the USA, or Italy, or Germany, ..) using the Eikon package in python. At the moment I am using the get_data function with synatx = SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))), IN(TR.ExchangeMarketIdCode,"<list of exchanges>"))'. However, I am not able to pull all the securities this way. Is there a more efficient method to do so?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonworkspacerefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
14.9k 32 5 10

Hi @sc11214 ,

You may check this article Find Your Right Companies with SCREENER | Eikon Data APIs(Python)

Below is an another example of the conversion from Eikon Excel formula to Python script

I've got this Excel formula from Screener app

=@TR("SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))/*UNV:Public*/), IN(TR.ExchangeCountryCode,""BN"",""KH"",""ID"",""LA"",""MY"",""MM"",""PH"",""SG"",""TH""), CURN=USD)","TR.CommonName;TR.ExchangeCountry","curn=USD RH=In CH=Fd")

which can be converted to this Python script

syntax = "SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))), IN(TR.ExchangeCountryCode,'BN','KH','ID','LA','MY','MM','PH','SG','TH'), CURN=USD)"
fields = ["TR.CommonName","TR.ExchangeCountry"]

df, err = ek.get_data(syntax, fields)
df

and here's the data returned

1630420161889.png

Hope this could help

1630420161889.png (28.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
6.5k 21 3 6

Hi @sc11214 ,

Have you had a read of Nick's article on the Search API?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22 3 3 7

Hi @raksina.samasiri this is very helpful thank you very much

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.