question

Upvotes
Accepted
191 4 7 15

Is there a way to send COMPLEXORDERs to the UI using REDI API?

DisplayOptionSeries() is available for OPTIONORDERs. I'd like to do the same for COMPLEXORDERs, just set up the order details and send it to the UI and let the user make the final decision on submitting. Is there any way to do this? Thanks

redi-apiorder-entry
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
276 3 0 2

Hi @DDALY ,

This is currently not supported. We'd need to make an enhancement to "COMPLEXORDER" to support displaying the Option Montage or Option Series.

Alternatively, we can explore enhancing our "staged order" functionality to support option spreads. For example, you'd create a complex order via the API, but set it to be "staged", which means the users would see it in the REDI Message Monitor and would need to release it to the brokers to be live.

-Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
191 4 7 15

Hi @brian.mullane, Yeah I think the "staged order" functionality should definitely support option spreads to make it consistent with the other products. Launching in the UI would be a nice feature as well. I'll keep an eye out for updates. Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.