Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

How can I obtain the information of TR.HeadquartersCountry companies in a specific country in Python

Hi,

I want to pull the data for the companies of specific exchange of a country. But I couldn't put the python code of the "Country of Headquarters" (Data Item Name), "TR.HeadquartersCountry" (Data Item Code) into my work.

ex:

esg=[

'TR.CompanyName',

'TR.TRESGResourceUseScore(Period=FY0)',

'TR.TRESGEmissionsScore(Period=FY0)']

result, err= ek.get_data('0#.FTSE', fields=esg)

How can I change the .FTSE with "TR.HeadquartersCountry". I don't want to see the companies in FTSE but I prefer to see "the companies that Country of Headquarters is UK".

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ramazan.aslan ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@ramazan.aslan

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
41 0 0 0

Hi @ramazan.aslan

You could screen for companies in the FTSE 100 that are headquartered in the UK:

screen = 'SCREEN(U(IN(indices(4932935/*FTSE 100*/))),IN(TR.HQCountryCode,"GB"))'

fields = ["TR.CommonName","TR.TRESGResourceUseScore(Period=FY0)","TR.TRESGEmissionsScore(Period=FY0)"]

df, e = ek.get_data(screen,fields)

1631624488091.png

1631624488091.png (43.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @ramazan.aslan,

Using screener expression, with get_data call, should yield the required result. I think you will find the article Find Your Right Companies with SCREENER | Eikon Data APIs(Python) very informative on how to define and use the screeners?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Additionally, if you prefer using CodeBook in Eikon, the examples with CodeBook include a Screener use example, please find it:

screenerexamplecodebook.gif

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.