Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

how to use Plotly.io on CODEBK?

Hi,

Please assist me how to save the chart as image file, like png, which is created by plotly.

I would like to save the image just like matplotlib.pyplot.savefig()" without clicking "Download" button on the chart with plotly.

Thanks in advance.

codebook
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
25k 57 17 14

Hello @mika

According to the Static Image Export in Plotly Python document, you need either Kaleido or orca libraries to save the Plotly chart/figure to an image file. Unfortunately, the Codebook is the control-hosted cloud-based environment that you cannot install additional libraries.

You can find the list of the supported libraries in the "Libraries&Extensions.md" file in the Codebook workbench.

Please note that you can save the figure to the HTML file with the following code in the Codebook.

plotly.offline.plot(fig, filename='chart.html')
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi wasin,

thank you for your answer, well noted.

I will try to use jupyter instead, otherwise will use matplotlib.pyplot, becuase the request is insert the image on Excel sheet by Python.

kind regards,
Mika

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.