For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
33 9 13 31

The difference between LPC and RTC?

What's the difference between LPC (Legacy Protocol Convert) and RTC (Real-Time Connector, aka., ADS/POP)?

They all have 14002 port up, the docker deployment option, and connects to the Refinitiv Real-Time Optimized. From the consumer app perspective, they looks like the same?

refinitiv-realtime-optimised
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Frederic

LPC is specifically designed to allow customers using our Legacy APIs to connect to RTO without re-writing their Legacy code - for customers who were previously using EZD/Elektron Connect etc. LPC is free for these types of customers (except for a one-off Prof Services fee to help with the migration). However, LPC should be seen as a last resort - Customers should always be encouraged to rewrite their legacy API applications using a newer strategic API such as RT-SDK or Websocket API - which support direct RTO Connectivity.

RTC is the rebranded improved version of the ADSPOP and is a far more functional, powerful RTDS infrastructure component. Also, it requires a Licence agreement to use. See this RTC video for more details [Demos] Refinitiv Real-Time Connector (RTC), DACS and REST demo at GCP - YouTube

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thansk Umer, is that doable that an EMA API application (also can connect to RTC) connecting to LPC to subscribe the real time quotes?
Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Frederic

All of our streaming APIs should be able to connect to a correctly configured RTC instance.

I personally use an RTC inside a Docker for all my real-time API testing on my Windows laptop - although I believe we don't officially support Windows Docker instances for RTDS components.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.