Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Problem to set the API key with Jupyter Python

Hello, when I try to set the API key , I got this error message , Can you help me ?

img-4933-2.jpg

eikon-data-apipython apiapp-keyport-number
img-4933-2.jpg (255.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @angechristian

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@angechristian

I checked the entitlements on your Eikon account from your email used to post this question. You subscribe to the low-tier Eikon variant named Eikon Core.

According to this thread, Eikon Core does not include access to Eikon Data APIs.

You need to contact your Refinitiv sales or account team to verify it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @angechristian

The error could be a result of a newer version of httpx version 0.20.0. Try downgrading your httpx, i.e.

pip install httpx==0.19.0
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Thanks you.

At first , the line where I set the API key and it it seems working , but when I try to retrieve data I got problems.. I upload the screen of the issues

3593cdc8-ca05-4bf2-9f0a-54715140f0e8.jpeg

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Oh Thanks You, I didn't know that this feature was in my Eikon package, I will contact the representative

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @angechristian

You should be able to perform a self-test to see if you have the 'api' variant. With Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace running, try the following within a browser:

localhost:9000/ping?all

This should provide some text output within your window. Within the "subApps" stanza of your output, there should be a "path": "/api". For example:

"subApps": [
       {
          "path": "/heap"
       }, 

{
          "path": "/api"
       },

]
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.