Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

How Can we USE EIKON API to connect to any RPA tool like power automate ,

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspacemicrosoft-power-bi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Manish.Mukherjee ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@Manish.Mukherjee So I don't know about power automate in detail but it seems to be a no/lo code environment. Generally this type of software would rely upon connectors with a GUI type interface - similar to say the Excel Formula Builder in Eikon to get data into some kind of automated workflow. I don't think such a connector would exist for power automate. Our APIs. are designed to be used with programmatic workflows in coded environments. That said, one of our colleagues did some work with a Microsoft PowerBI integration (PowerBI is provided as a connector to power automate so that. might be a way to investigate). I am attaching the demo here and some instructions:

Perpetuities

• Follow the instructions on this page to install Python.
  • Follow the instructions on Quick Start Guide
    • Install Eikon Data APIs and dependency libraries by running the following command in <Python installed path>/Scripts folder (i.e. C:\Users\u8015664\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\Scripts)
      • Pip install eikon
      • Pip install pandas
    • Generate Eikon AppKey.

To run the demo

• Extract the attached file and open it with PowerBI Desktop
  • Edit AppKey parameter.

1636461448915.png

• Data will be refreshed with “Refresh” menu.

Demo File

Demo.zip

Note: I think for someone looking for a lo/no code workflow this will already be too complicated. One other important point to consider is that Data from Eikon can only stay on the desktop - it cannot go into another platform or cloud environment due to licensing issues. We have feed solutions that come with such licenses such as DataScope Select etc.

Anyways I hope this can help.

1636461448915.png (363.8 KiB)
demo.zip (159.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.