Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 1 1 1

Starmine data using APIs

1. Is there a document available that explains the correct formulas/commands for the Starmine models, for use using the Excel plug-in and for the API (.NET and Python)?

1. Historical ranking results for the Starmine models:
    1. For some Starmine models – e.g. Analyst Revisions Model Country Rank – I am unable to get the historical rankings via the Excel plug-in and the API. I am only able to retrieve the current/latest number, it seems. Is it possible to get the historical rankings? For some other Starmine models – e.g. Combined Alpha Model Country Rank – I am able to get the historical rankings.
    2. For the Analyst Revisions Models Country Rank and Combined Alpha Model Country Rank, what is the formula for getting all the rankings of all the stocks in a particular country? For example, if I want to get the rankings of all the stocks listed in Australia, how do I do it? Currently, I am able to get only ranking for any individual pre-specified stock, but I am not able to get the rankings for all the stocks. I get the error message “No universe defined”.

starmine
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I moved this question to Eikon Data API forum.

<AHS>

Case 10760310 is closed with the following resolution

Currently, we do not have an option to download historical data for Starmine Models through Excel.

It is only available through Starmine Feeds.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @MP72

To get the Starmine data, you may check this previous discussion mentioned that

You can see what Starmine data and Analytics are available using the Data Item Browser App (type DIB into Eikon Search) and open the filter panel and highlight the Starmine content set and all the available fields, descriptions and parameters will be revealed.:

for the content-related question, as this forum is dedicated to software developers using Refinitiv APIs. The moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every bit of content available through Refinitiv products, which is required to answer content questions such as this one.

The best resource for the content questions is the Eikon support team, which can be reached by submitting queries through MyRefinitv. The support team will either have the required content expertise ready available or can reach out to relevant content experts to get the answer for you.

However, in this case, I open case number 10760310 on behalf of you and the support team is going to contact you soon.

Update:

The Eikon support team confirms Starmine does not support downloading historical data for Starmine Models through Excel.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @MP72

The Eikon support team confirms Starmine does not support downloading historical data for Starmine Models through Excel.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.