We are in the process of porting one of our WPF-based apps to the Refinitiv Platform, and a few questions have come up that I am hoping some of the developers on this forum might be able to lend their expertise towards:
- It appears that Eikon is in the process of being phased out, to be replaced by Workspace. On the AppStudio page (https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/app-studio/app-studio-net-sdk), a notice indicates that the AppStudio .NET SDK is no longer supported, and if we are building an AppStudio App we should use the AppStudio Web SDK instead. Would you know if:
- Workspace does have a WPF or .NET SDK which is just not supported by AppStudio, or,
- Workspace does not have a .NET SDK and the AppStudio Web SDK is the only option?
- In the "Refinitiv Workspace - Desktop and Web Comparison" document (https://www.refinitiv.com/content/dam/marketing/en_us/documents/support/workspace/workspace-desktop-and-web-comparison.pdf), under "3rd Party Integrations", one can see references to AppStudio being available both for Desktop access and Web access. Is that accurate, and if so, for which programming paradigms?
- In the same Desktop and Web Comparison document, there are also references to "Desktop SxS API" and "Web SxS API". Which technologies/programming languages are supported for each one?
- Would it be accurate to assume that, unless otherwise stated, the APIs in the API Catalog on this forum are applicable to Workspace?