Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 4 4 10

.get_data API gives different results in refinitiv.dataplatform versus deprecated `eikon` python package

Confusingly, this only works when using the `eikon` package, and not when using the refinitiv-dataplatform package. What am I missing? I thought the latter was a successor of the deprecated `eikon` package?

The below gives an empty dataframe, indicating no valid results were found.

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp
print(rdp.__version__)
"1.0.0a13"

df = rdp.get_data(
    ['912828N30'],
    ['TR.YieldToMaturityAnalytics(ValuationDate=2018-10-09)'],
)

df # empty

The below works

import eikon as ek
print(ek.__version__)
"1.1.14"

df, err = ek.get_data(
    ['912828N30'],
    ['TR.YieldToMaturityAnalytics(ValuationDate=2018-10-09)'],
)
df

InstrumentYield to Maturity0912828N303.039743
pythonrefinitiv-data-platformpython apirefinitiv-dataplatform-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@tr105 So there are some small differences between the underlying service in the old Eikon library and the RDP version of the service. The RDP service is not yet at full parity with the old service in a few places. I think the bond analytic you requested is not yet ported to the new RDP instance. Sadly there is no workaround but to use the extant Eikon Library until the beta RDP service is at parity. Just an FYI you can use both the Eikon library and the RDP library from the same RDP package:

import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek
import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp

I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.