question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 1 1 4

Jupyter Notebook not returning any values.

I was trying to run the below code. The case is, on jupyter notebook, I am not receiving any returned records. this code came from https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.RDPLibrary.Python/blob/master/1.1.0%20-%20Function%20-%20Historical%20Pricing.ipynb

On the said website, the expected result is the below image.

1643046847363.png

However, when I try to replicate this from my end, I am getting no response. Please see the image below:

1643046975854.png You'll notice that I was able to request a token but when I run rdp.get_historical_price_events('VOD.L'), I cannot get any error msg or historical values.

refinitiv-data-platform
1643046847363.png (55.2 KiB)
1643046975854.png (54.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @SamRT

While my colleague already gave you clear instructions, you may check if your RDP account has permission to request the historical data via the RDP API Playground page. You can log in to the page with your RDP username and password (the same credentials as your Jupyter notebook), then test the /data/historical-pricing/v1/views/events data endpoint.

historical-data.png

historical-data.png (101.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @SamRT ,

A couple of things to verify may be:

1. Are you using the latest RDP Library version, suggest to upgrade to the latest available:

python -m pip install refinitiv-dataplatform --upgrade

and retest.

2. Are you using Desktop session or Platform session - if it's Desktop - your Refinitiv Workspace or Eikon must be running and logged in on the same machine, you must be able to connect to the running instance.

3. To try to learn more of the error that is happening, (temporarily) enable debug logging:

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp
import datetime

%run ./credentials.ipynb

import logging
logging.basicConfig(format='%(asctime)s - %(name)s - %(levelname)s - %(message)s', level=logging.DEBUG)

See what you may learn from applying these steps and the log generated?

4. Are you able to obtain other content, such as

rdp.get_snapshot(
    universe = ['GBP=','JPY='], 
    fields   = ['BID','ASK']
)

If not, what is the error that you observe with DEBUG level of logging?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 1 1 4

Thanks @zoya faberov and @wasin.w, Looks like the issue was with my permission. I'll take care of it.

Is there a way that I can request a schema document for this endpoint/Variant? The one that outlines the Universe the output? Or Kindly advise where I can request this internally. Please see the sample screenshot below.

1643096066905.png

1643096066905.png (98.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @SamRT

I found this RDP /data/ownership/v1/views/consolidated/breakdown endpoint on the RDP API Playground page too. It has the API swagger and reference.

ownership.png

Note: I do not have internal contacts for this API endpoint.

ownership.png (130.4 KiB)
Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @SamRT ,

In the API Playground, as shown by @wasin.w , did you have a chance to review Reference for the endpoint, found via Reference tab:

apidocsref.gif

In the same way, you will be able to find Reference spec for other endpoints, additionally, you may wish to review Swagger documentation via Swagger tab.

apidocsref.gif (63.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.