Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 1 2 3

Are a company's reported numbers on the Eikon database for a given financial year?

I am getting fundamental data for the constituents of an index, for a given financial year.

How can I tell if a company's full year financials are on the Eikon database for the chosen year?

Eg if I use get_data to get financials for FY2022, is there a data item I can use that shows whether a company's 2022 numbers are already on the Eikon database? I could look for Revenue being <NA> but some companies revenue item is always NA (eg banks).

below, I'm getting fundamentals for the ASX200 constituents. FOR 2021, some companies will not yet have reported a full year for 2021, and none will have for 2022.

1644990490551.png

eikoneikon-data-apifundamental-data
1644990490551.png (99.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @barry.chapman,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

hi @barry.chapman

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hello @barry.chapman ,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@barry.chapman

You can use a relative period (FY0) instead.

df, err = ek.get_data('0#.AXJO(2022-01-01)',
                      ['TR.CompanySrcFileDate',
                       'TR.TotalRevenue','TR.TotalRevenue.calcdate','TR.TotalRevenue.fperiod',
                       'TR.BankTotalRevenue','TR.BankTotalRevenue.calcdate','TR.BankTotalRevenue.fperiod'],
                      {'Period':'FY0'})
df

For some RICs, such as WBC.AX, the revenue is available in the TR.BankTotalRevenue field.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@barry.chapman so many fields have a toggleable output value - the default is value - but there are also many types of date. For example, try 'TR.TURNOVER.periodenddate' or 'TR.REVENUE'.periodenddate - you have used the .calcdate output value already - its the same concept. So if you select 'Period': 'FY0' the .periodenddate will be the most recent actual. To see what items and parameter settings are available for any field - please use the Data Item Browser App (type DIB into Eikon search bar). I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

i'm not sure how that works. For example, if I use revenue.periodenddate it seems to be NA if the company hasn't reported the required year, and is set if the company has reported the required year.

But I am running this command for all stocks in the index, not all have a revenue figure.

1645092765934.png

With the call in the screenprint above the data correctly shows that BHP has reported 2021 numbers, but does not show that WBC has also reported 2021 numbers (period end date being blank) as WBC doesn't report a revenue figure.

Is there a field I can put in the call to get_data for for 0#.AXJO that would indicate, for each constituent, whether or not Ekion has the requested year's numbers on the database for that stock (2021 in this case but that could change, it could be 2022 in the get_data call).

1645092765934.png (24.9 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.