Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 7 5 11

Define feed service in Eikon Python API

Hi,

From my Eikon desktop terminal I can specify feed service to subscribe to RICs only available on internal feeds by example.

How to specify this via the Eikon Python API in .get_data() by example?

Kind regards,

Johan

eikoneikon-data-apipython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@johan.lundquist So you cannot do this with the Eikon Data API directly- but you can do it with the RDP or RD libraries and then once you have a list of RICs, you can use a get_data(). Please see this thread. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21 7 5 11

Thank you Jason,

I will take a look at the RDP. Is that just a new name for the old Websocket API?

Kind regards,

Johan

icon clock
10 |1500

@johan.lundquist yes - for the streaming part it is as you correctly note the Websocket API - but Eikon/Workspace users now have access to new services on there such as Search, Historical Pricing (to replace get_timeseries with a better data model) and many other services. These have all been packaged up into the RDP library. That also contains a fully function Eikon Data API package inside so you can use both libs from one package. I hope this can help. Kindest regards, Jason

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.