Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 1 5

Is it possible to retrieve market cap and daily volume for US equities by GICS sector?

Hi,

I want to retrieve the market cap. and the ADV/daily volume for US equity market by GICS sector for a specific day. It would be also useful to know how to deal with markets at varying levels of aggregation, so not stock by stock but sector, region etc. Is there a bunch of metrics that does this? Thanks!

eikon-data-apimarket-depth
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
5.7k 21 2 6

Hi @natasha.jeans,

What language are you coding in? Python? If so, you can filter the companies as asked using screener, as per this article. E.g.: I show below a filter on GICS Industry for 'Energy Equipment & Services:

capture1.png

Then use the output Excel formula as per the aforementioned article:

capture2.png

Then, you can look for the fields you are interested in using the Data Item Browser (DIB); there is a video on this. I would suggest using anyone RIC returned from the Screener as an example instrument on DIB (e.g.: 'WFRD.OQ').

Failing the above, Please note that this Q&A forum is for Refinitiv API related questions, not content questions. It seems as though you may be asking a content question; for such questions, please contact the helpdesk.

capture1.png (103.3 KiB)
capture2.png (11.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.