question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

I have a service visible in ADS monitor which initially has status UP when publisher connects to ADH but which subsequently goes down after about 3 minutes of normal activity

Hello,

I would very much appreciate your assistance with an issue that I have been trying to solve for about 5 days now. If you need additional information then please let me know.

I have recently upgraded to ADH/ADS 3.5.1 on RHEL 7.6. Previously I had been using ADH/ADS 2.6.1 on RHEL 5.11 in a configuration that operated without issue. Taking that original configuration and replacing the ADS/ADH 2.6.1 with ADH/ADS 3.5.1 has led to a new situation where the connection between the publisher and ADH (whilst remaining in a good state throughout, AFAIK) somehow causes ADS to automatically close the service after about a 3 minute period of good operation.

The provider application which connects to ADH is using RFA 7.6 from a windows 10 platform, although, this issue also arises from Providers local on the same LINUX host ( a guest operating system in a Virtual Box VM hosted on Windows 10)

I have added the log files produced by ADH and ADS and the cnf file used.

Thanks for your help,

David

rfa-apiADSADH
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@iain.cadman

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@iain.cadman

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @iain.cadman

Does the problem occur if you switch the ADH (just ADH) back to version 2.6.1? I am asking this question because there is a lot of changes in your environment (change OS, RTDS components, etc). Are there any changes on the RFA Provider application side?

When the problem occurs, did the service between ADH and Provider is still UP?

If you can replicate the issue on demand, please enable the RFA trace file and share the file when the problem occurs

RFA Java:

You can configure the following RFA Java configurations to enable the log file

• <namespace>/Connections/<Connection Name>/ipcTraceFlags = 7
  • <namespace>/ Connections/<Connection Name>/mountTrace = True
  • <namespace>/ Connections/<Connection Name>/logFileName=<path to log file>

RFA C++:

• \Connections\<Connection Name>\traceMsgToFile = true
  • \Connections\<Connection Name>\traceMsgDomains = "all"
  • \Connections\<Connection Name>\traceMsgMaxMsgSize = 10000000
  • \Connections\<Connection Name>\traceMsgMultipleFiles = true
  • \Connections\<Connection Name>\traceMsgFileName = <path to log file>

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.