Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 1

Error code 429 | Client Error: Too many requests, please try again later. Wait for X seconds.

I am working with the function get_timeseries(). For my research, I need to make a set of calls to this function in order to, with the data obtained and through a set of calculations, obtain a result. I have to repeat these operations a large number of times, and at first everything works perfectly. However, after performing a number of operations, this error appears:

"[MainThread 21440] Error code 429 | Client Error: Too many requests, please try again later. Wait for 46524 seconds."

I understand that this is because I have exceeded some kind of daily limit. Is there any way to extend/remove this limit, so that I can get all the results at once?

Thank you very much in advance, and sorry for the inconvenience.

error-429
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @uva39,

There are to types of limits in place, per request and daily limits, please find more details on the limits in Eikon Data API Usage and Limits Guideline

There is no way to extend/remove the limits, they are installed for the protection of the service, to allow for the reliable shared usage by large number of accessors.

Would suggest to examine your approach, to better understand which limit(s) you are exceeding, and to try to design your request pattern to stay within the limits.

Hope that this information helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.